Discuss the following questions during Family Meal and Discipleship Group (see How To Use This Booklet).
The events recorded in Acts 2 are among not just the most important events in the book of Acts alone, but also one of the most important events in the history of redemption. Jesus sends the fullness of the Holy Spirit to empower his people for mission.
- Imagine if Jesus was a part of your community group. What would your level of boldness, excitement, and faith be for the mission of God? What implications does fullness of the Spirit have for this?
The same Spirit that empowered Jesus throughout the course of his earthly ministry now rests upon every follower of Jesus. Ministry, maturity, and mission is now made possible by the Holy Spirit.
- Spend some time planning how as a group you are going to live out the mission of God. Come up with clear, actionable, and timely next steps for the group. For example, plan out a Third Space with specific next steps.
Prayer: Spend some time together praying for the Spirit to empower your group to push back darkness.
Have you ever experienced the presence and power of the Holy Spirit in a supernatural or unexplainable way? Explain your story of this experience.
- Do you walk in the expectation that the Holy Spirit has the power to show up in miraculous ways? Do you regularly ask him for this?
- While all believers have the Holy Spirit, there are things we can do to either quench the Spirit or pursue the Spirit (1 Thessalonians 5:19-21). In what ways are you quenching the Spirit? In what ways are you pursuing the Spirit?
- How do you think God views you when you quench the Spirit? What does the gospel speak to this?
Prayer: Read Luke 11:5-13. Spend some time together praying for God to fill you with the Holy Spirit.
Record any insights from family meal and/or discipleship groups...