Discuss the following questions during Family Meal and Discipleship Group (see How To Use This Booklet).
The church, being born in the first chapter of Acts, had a clear mission and needed clear power from God to fulfill that mission. We are about 2,000 years removed from that specific time and place. Our God, however, has not changed. He is the same yesterday, today and forever and is just as alive and well today as he was on that day. We have the same God. We also have the same mission. The 120 people who heard the mission and then gathered to pray are all long dead. We are the people living to carry out the mission of our living God. We have the same God. We have the same mission. Remarkably, we also have the same power they prayerfully waited to receive.
In Acts 1:14, it says of the disciples,
All these with one accord were devoting themselves to prayer, together with the women and Mary the mother of Jesus, and his brothers.
For this Family Meal, put into practice what the disciples did in Acts 1. Pray together and wait on the power of God. As you pray, focus on the following things:
- Pray that your group and Frontline Church would be of one mind and one accord.
- Pray for your group and Frontline Church to walk in its mission to multiply gospel communities that love God, love people, and push back darkness.
- Pray for the power of the Holy Spirit to drive us on mission.
Discuss how you prayed for and engaged your core three people in the past week. (If you didn't meet, refer to Discipleship Group questions under “The Great Mission.”)
- Did you engage the mission this week out of your own power and strength, or in the power of the Holy Spirit?
- Where have you personally seen God’s power working in the past? How has he shown up when you were waiting on him?
- Where do you need God’s power most in your life right now? Where are you currently sensing your weakness and inability?
Prayer: Spend some time together praying for God’s power to meet you in those areas of need.
Record any insights from family meal and/or discipleship groups...